What is Cranial Sacral Massage Therapy (CST)?
Cranial sacral therapy (also known as craniosacral therapy) is a gentle, noninvasive form of bodywork that addresses the bones of the head, spinal column and sacrum. The goal is to release compression in those areas which alleviates stress and pain.
Cranial sacral therapy has been shown to be effective in treating headache and migraine, chronic pain conditions, chronic fatigue syndrome, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), post-surgery pain, temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ), hip and neck pain, sinus conditions and pressure, earaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in adults and colic in children, and anxiety and depression in adults, as well as hyperactivity in children.
Cranial Sacral Massage Therapy Benefits
- Healing, alleviating a range of illness and dysfunction, including chronic pain, central nervous system disorders, head and neck pain, TMJ dysfunction, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, seizure disorders, hormonal imbalances, chronic sinusitis, and more
- Improved functioning of the autonomic nervous system, enabling the body to respond more effectively to stress
- Improved immune system function
- Release of tissue and bone restrictions, improving mobility
- Tension release
- Pain alleviation
- Energy flow
- Overall relaxation and revitalization
You can easily schedule your next appointment by calling our office at (813) 298-5603 or by booking online.